I have been making and flying kites since I was 12 years old. It's what I do to escape from the trials and tribulations of the real world. At the moment I have about 50 kites, 12 two-line sports kites (mainly by Tim Benson and Ken McNeil) and the rest single line kites, ranging from Indian fighters up to a 5 metre Tiger.
In the summer I usually fly three or four times a week, but in the winter it's a bit less, not because of the cold - it just gets dark too early.
- Calculating Kite Altitude
- Kite History
- Make Your Own Kite
- Kite Colourizers
- UK Kite Sites (Google Maps version)
- Benson Mini-Gem Cross-Active Bridle
- Benson Gemini Bridle Dimensions
- Blue Moon Exile Bridle Dimensions
- Nirvana Bridle Dimensions
- IRBC Competition Figure Animations
- STACK Competition Figure Animations
- Kite Trick Animations
- STACK UK Pairs Family Tree
- STACK UK Team Family Tree
I will be adding to these pages every now and then to describe a different aspect of kite flying, so it's always worth a look.