Southwark Cathedral (or The Cathedral and Collegiate Church of St Saviour and St Mary Overie) lies on the south bank of the River Thames close to London Bridge. It has been a place of Christian worship for more than 1,000 years, but a cathedral only since the creation of the diocese of Southwark in 1905. Between 1106 and 1538 it was the church of an Augustinian priory. Following the dissolution of the monasteries, it became a parish church. The present building retains the basic form of the Gothic structure built between 1220 and 1420, although the nave is a late 19th-century reconstruction.
This is a three panorama tour. Click on the hotspots symbols in the panoramas to move from one to the next. Clicking on the hotspot button on the toolbar will turn the hotspots on and off.
This panorama can be viewed in Full Screen Mode - click the button on the toolbar. Click the button again or press Esc to quit.