St Winnow Church
The church stands on the east bank of the river Fowey and is probably on the site of a 7th century oratory. Originally built in the Norman period, the church was largely rebuilt in the 13th and 15th centuries. It was also extensively restored by the Victorians and much of the rood screen was remade in 1907 by architect E H Sedding with carving by Violet Pinwill. There is a fine 14th century granite font, carved with angels bearing shields and the inscription ‘Ecce Karissimi de deo. vero baptizabuntur spiritu sancto’ around the rim. The richly carved pulpit dates from about 1600.
This panorama can be viewed in Full Screen Mode - click the button on the toolbar. Click the button again or press Esc to quit.