St Cleer Church

This content requires HTML5/CSS3, WebGL, or Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher.

The Church of St Clarus at St Cleer in Cornwall was built in the 13th century and added to in the 14th and 15th centuries. It was originally built on the site of a 9th century oratory. The wagon roof over the nave and aisles is original. The church underwent comprehensive restoration in 1904 when a new roof was constructed over the chancel. This features a carved chancel arch and angel corbels, one of which is playing the Cornish bagpipes. To the right of the south door there is a large painted coat of arms of Queen Anne dated 1708. There are also a number of painted texts dating from the 17th century.

This panorama can be viewed in Full Screen Mode - click the full screen button on the toolbar. Click the button again or press Esc to quit.

Back to Cornish Churches
Back to Cornwall
Back to Panoramas