St Sampson’s Church, South Hill
St Sampson’s Church, South Hill is in a small rural parish in east Cornwall, 3 miles from Callington and 6 miles from Liskeard. The church was dedicated by Bishop Grandisson, bishop of Exeter, on 4th November 1333. St Sampson was born around 500 AD and is believed to have set up a monastery at either South Hill or Golant. A Romano-British granite pillar, about 8ft high and with an inscribed cross, was found in the rectory grounds in 1891. It was re-erected in the churchyard.
This panorama can be viewed in Full Screen Mode - click the button on the toolbar. Click the button again or press Esc to quit.