Poundstock Church

This content requires HTML5/CSS3, WebGL, or Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher.

The church of St Winwaloe at Poundstock in Cornwall dates originally from the Norman period, but what can be seen now dates mainly from the 15th century. The church was restored in 1896 and the original rood screen removed in 1903 and some fragments can be seen mounted on the north wall. Also on the north wall (either side on the north door) are two large wall paintings depicting the Tree of the Seven Deadly Sins and the Warning to Sabbath-breakers. These have been restored and remounted, but it is still very hard to make out any detail.

This panorama can be viewed in Full Screen Mode - click the full screen button on the toolbar. Click the button again or press Esc to quit.

Back to Cornish Churches
Back to Cornwall
Back to Panoramas