The church of St James the Great at Kilkhampton has some of the earliest features of any church in Cornwall. The south door (inside the later 16th century porch) is Norman and dates from the 12th century. It has fine zig-zag moulding.
Kilkhampton has a great collection of over 150 bench ends with religious or heraldic imagery. Many of these date from about 1380, but some that were in a bad state of repair were replaced with copies in the 1860s, when much restoration to the church was carried out and the new rood screen and choir stalls were built.
This panorama can be viewed in Full Screen Mode - click the button on the toolbar. Click the button again or press Esc to quit.