St Sampson’s Church, Golant

This content requires HTML5/CSS3, WebGL, or Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher.

The Church of St Sampson at Golant in Cornwall was annexed to the Priory at Tywardreath and is first recorded in 1281. It was extensively rebuilt between about 1450-1500, and consecrated as a separate Church in 1509. There was much restoration during the Victorian period. The nave, chancel and south aisle all retain their original wagon roofs, which have some fine carving. The pulpit, lectern and reading desk are made from 16th century bench ends.

This is a series of two panoramas in a tour around the church showing views from the nave and chancel, and south aisle. Click on the hotspot hotspots to go from one view to the next.

This panorama can be viewed in Full Screen Mode - click the full screen button on the toolbar. Click the button again or press Esc to quit.

Back to Cornish Churches
Back to Cornwall
Back to Panoramas