Clapham Common Station
Clapham Common tube station opened in 1900 as the southernmost station on the City & South London Railway. The line was extended to Morden in 1926 when it was called the Morden-Edgware Line. It was renamed as the Northern Line in 1937.
The clock tower was erected in 1906 and was given to the Parish of Clapham by Alexander Glegg, Mayor of Wandsworth (which included Clapham at the time). The tower was dismantled and rebuilt when the new booking hall for the underground station was built beneath it.
This panorama can be viewed in Full Screen Mode - click the button on the toolbar. Click the button again or press Esc to quit.