The Church of St Probus and St Grace in Probus has the highest tower of any church in Cornwall – over 120ft. Much of the current building dates to 1520, but extensive restoration was carried out in 1850 and the building was extend in 1904. The base of the rood screen (part of the Victorian restoration) contains many carved bench ends which are of a much earlier period. The reredos above the altar is a particularly fine Victorian design. The ceiling above the chancel, which is a painted canvas, contains the words “Jesus hear us thy people and send us grace and good for ever”, a translation from the Latin Gratia et Probus, Grace and Goodness.
This is a series of two panoramas in a tour around the church showing views from both the nave and chancel. Click on the hotspot to go from one view to the next.
This panorama can be viewed in Full Screen Mode - click the button on the toolbar. Click the button again or press Esc to quit.