St Mary Magdalene’s Church, Launceston

This content requires HTML5/CSS3, WebGL, or Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher.

The church of St Mary Magdalene was built in the early 1500s, but inside the Victorians have left almost nothing from the original period. The pulpit is one of the few survivals. It was covered with pitch during the civil war and only restored as to its current condition in 1970. The chancel screen dates from 1911 and depicts eleven saints with Mary Magdalene at the centre.

This panorama can be viewed in Full Screen Mode - click the full screen button on the toolbar. Click the button again or press Esc to quit.

Back to Cornish Churches
Back to Cornwall
Back to Panoramas